TeachMeet 08 North
From ScotEduBlogs Wiki
We had a great time. Everyone who wanted to got to speak (I think) party continued at dinner and pub.
- John Johnston
- Neil Winton
- Bob Hill
- Ian Stuart
- Robert Jones not a teachmeet post as such, but it is some of what Robert covered.
What is TeachMeet?
Learn something new, be amazed, amused and enthused. This is an informal gathering of those curious about technologies. Anyone can share cool ideas they have or great ideas they've trialled in their classrooms.
What can you do? You can come along to linger, loiter, contribute, chat, meet new people, or give a seven minute talk or a two minute nano presentation. Rules for the talk:
- It's only seven minutes long
- Your setup is part of the seven minutes
TeachMeet08 north was announced on Mr. W's blog: TeachMeet08 - Northern Edition!
you can pickup a logo from flickr: TeachMeet08 north logo and use it to spread the news.
Or grab the poster HERE
When and where?
February 19th, 2008 6:30pm - 8:30pm Dewars Ice Rink
Presentations start at 6:30... bar is open much earlier!
Then a meal in a venue TBA
I know this is a silly question but what time does it start? - Not a silly question! I can't believe I forgot to put the time on the wiki before now! (It's on the poster!)
Is anyone staying overnight in Perth? If so - where? - thanks!
For those unable to make it to Perth, a FlashMeeting (web conference) is PLANNED from 6-9pm. There is space for 25 participants. You can participate by going to http://flashmeeting.e2bn.net/fm/ec6117-2852 Click on 'Go to meeting', then 'Enter meeting as a guest'. You can join us via webcam or audio only. Technical info is at http://flashmeeting.e2bn.net/help.html. There will be a live feed from Perth (from around 6.30-8.30pm) subject to wifi.
YOU! Just click 'edit' and add your name, blog or website link and an idea of what you would like to share in seven minutes, if you want to share anything.
Important: the last teachmeet page attracted the interest of the spammers, so I've protected it by making it editable only by registered users. Sorry about the hassle, but it's a quick and easy process - use the link on the top right. John
Tip 1: If you've never used a webpage, or wiki, like this before just copy and paste someone else's text and change it to suit you.
Tip 2: If you just want to lurk, please still add your name and come back regularly to see who else is lurking with you ;-)
Seven minute micropresentations
add your name and blog
- David Noble Web 2.0 in the classroom, yeah!? Get realistic about the constraints, and how to get around some of them
- Ewan McIntosh Not decided yet...
- John Johnston opensourceCPD teachers doing for themselves
QuickTime & Dirty: blogging video from digital stills cameras, edit and upload in 7 minutes.
- Neil Winton
Willing to present (heck I'll talk about anything at the drop of a hat!), but I think I'll be MC'ing on the night!Se7en Tools in Se7en Minutes... start the clock!
- Sharon Tonner Mobile phones - learning in their hands.
- Sarah Duffy Midsummer Night's Wiki - Dragging Shakespeare into the 21st Century!
- Nick Hood ICT in the curriculum despite the filters (working title): or how engaging with kids on Bebo is SN for inclusion. Willing to make way for something better, bump me down to lurker if needed.
- Ian Stuart On what's been happening in Islay High School.
- Robert Jones Asus minibook - the tipping point for Linux in education?
- Kirsten Grieve - Do-Be Ltd... Preloaded MP3 players for the classroom...
- Ollie Bray - Internet Safety and Responsible Use for Parents and Families - what we have been up to in East Lothian.
- David Gilmour - How's East Lothian's eduBuzz development getting along?
- Tess Watson- What's going on in East Lothian?- PSPs, DSs and the ASUS MiniBook.
Two minute nano presentations
Add your name and blog
add your name and blog
- David Terron (Elgin Academy English)
- Krysia. Thanks Neil for organising this, I will be driving through from Glasgow if anyone needs a lift.(See Transport section below!)
- James Watson - Guitar Tutor (Private Sector).
- Angela McEwan- Provider of inservice courses and curriculum materials - looking at multi-modal texts with range of primary and secondary teachers. Sounds like an interesting event.
- Iain Stanger Happy to lurk and let someone else have an opportunity to present this time
- Marlyn Moffat February holiday in Campbeltown, so primary sector will be represented, too.
- Bob HillNow even more part-time than ever but still a keen observer.
- Vikki Rodger ICT Staff Tutor - finally started a blog.
- Lynn Shellardokay have given into pressure and am now blogging! Glad to see you're up and blogging too Vikki!
- Sarah Warden; Probationer, Perth and Kinross
- Dave Rawson- East Lothian's GlowBoy
- Doug Semple - ICT Manager, Glasgow High
- Mary Coochinterested lurker - especially if you've got Moodle up there! Moodle blog
- Gus Robb : Alternative Curriculum / On2feet (NEET) Tutor
- Louise Henderson and June Jelly- ESO's for ICT EY/Primary/Secondary from Dundee
- Andy Wallis Will be coming over from Islay with Ian Stuart
- Catriona Duff - Webster's High School
- Bobby Clark - Webster's High School
- Lesley Bagnell - Webster's High School
- Malcolm Smart - Webster's High School
- Stuart Meldrum Got some CPD in the evening but hoping to make it through from East Lothian.
- Grant FraserPerth Academy, Modern languages
- Anke Stahl
- Barry Reed
What do we need?
Sponsorship for wine/beer/nibbles... Has been a complete loss! Unless you happen to have some friendly benefactors wh have money to donate to a good cause before the end of the financial year... or rather next Tuesday!
Are You Eating?
A venue for a post TeachMeet meal/drink... The Manzil is a very good Indian between the venue and the station (5 minute walk from either) and it does a good buffet.
The Restaurant are doing a buffet, so names aren't of vital importance, but it'd still be handy to give them some idea of how many to expect so please add your name if you're coming for curry!
- Neil Winton
- Tess Watson
- Marlyn Moffat
- David Noble
- John Johnston if Krysia is, she giving me a lift.
- Bob Hill
- Robert Jones depends on when Stuart wants to drive back through.
- Ian Stuart
- Andy Wallis, though is is an assumption on my part (IS)
- Anke Stahl
- Lynn Shellard
- Louise Henderson
- June Jelly
- Dave Rawson
- David Gilmour
- Ollie Bray
- Vikki Rodger
- Gus Robb
What We have got
Venue, PA and Wifi from Perth & Kinross Council Education
PC laptop & MacBook, three projectors and screens from Neil Winton (We're going to try having a back-channel. There's nothing like aiming high!)
I can bring a projector (mini one) a laptop and a Tablet for anyone needing one/wanting to play with a Tablet. Dave T Elgin Academy English
Perth is fairly well served for trains. Scotrail's timetables can be found here.
If you are travelling and willing to offer a lift to others, add your name and where you're travelling from here. (It might be a good idea to give a contact email address as well)
- Tess (Edinburgh) - I'm happy to drive a car of load of people up and back....? let me know :-)
- Krysia - Will be leaving Glasgow at 4.30pm and travelling via Stirling (up the M80 and M9) - hope to get to Perth about 6pm. I live in the East of Glasgow and if you need a lift I have a good CD collection and a Ford Focus ;-) Can pick people up on-route. Will be staying out for a something to eat later and hope to be home at 12am latest or my carriage may turn into a pumpkin!! email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nick will be driving from Kirkcaldy High School back of five, returning to Rosyth but happy to drop off back in KDY. Not staying for the curry. Text or call 077020 72652 if you need a lift.
- David Noble - can pick up anywhere off the M90, from Forth Bridge northwards
- David Terron (Elgin) David.Terron1@moray-edunet.gov.uk Going Elgin Forres Aviemore and then southbound on the infamous A9!
- Stuart Meldrum - will be driving (assuming I make it that is...) through from Tranent and going back to Dunbar if that's of any use.
After a (very) brief discussion, I think the obvious tag to use is teachmeetperth.
Can you please remember to tag all your posts/photos/podcasts/etc with teachmeetperth and John has said he'll work on getting them to appear here by the magic of RSS-ness!
|Error: It's not possible to get http://feeds.technorati.com/search/teachmeetperth?language=en...|
Occasionally technorati feeds are empty, when the feed for teachmeetperth is not empty items will above this line.
This page will show a list of things tagged teachmeetperth on del.ic.io.us, cocomment, technorati and flickr: tags When they are available.
We could also use this as a back-channel at the meet. teachmeetperth will follow anyone who follows teachmeetperth, so we can easily display anything tweeted @teachmeetperth, given a projector. (NB: I'll be bringing another laptop/projector/screen specifically for a back-channel... - Neil W)